Balancer is a decentralized exchange protocol that enables trading between standard Ethereum tokens. Liquidity providers can deposit groups of up to 8 assets in pools to earn trading fees, in exchange for bearing risk of losses from large price movements.
While the Balancer Exchange v1 is non-upgradable and has no governed admin controls, BAL holders are empowered to direct the treasury (including approval of grants and making changes to liquidity incentive programs) and may have a larger role to play in managing the forthcoming Balancer v2.
Venues for Discussion:
Voting Interface and Process:
Votes are generally held on a weekly basis, with discussion taking place in the forum during the previous week. Voting takes place via Snapshot, which was designed by a member of the Balancer team. Voting is gas free and low friction, but final results of proposals must be executed by the Balancer Labs team.
Balancer recently approved a voting reward mechanism called "gov factor", where addresses that participate in the most recent votes earn an additional 10% bonus on their liquidity rewards. Along with Balancer's recognition of BAL deposited within liquidity pools for voting, this added incentive helps align interest between the platform and liquidity providers.
- Discord chat: https://discord.com/channels/638460494168064021/638460494168064025
- Discourse forum: https://forum.balancer.finance/
- Voting app: https://snapshot.page/#/balancer
- Github: https://github.com/balancer-labs
- Balancer docs: https://docs.balancer.finance/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BalancerLabs
- Blog: https://medium.com/balancer-protocol
- BAL token info (Coingecko): https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/balancer